Saturday, July 12, 2008

Feet dry

We're here! Except here is not where we thought here was. We are NOT at the hotel we believed we would be. Something or other happened and we are now at the Hotel Ibis and it is a very comfortable hotel indeed. After 36 hours of traveling, I am trying to find a way to sleep in the shower. We're in the middle of the city and at 11:30, it's still quite bright outside. White Nights indeed! All of the people made it, we hooked up with the Dallas Buckner folks and all of the luggage is here as well. Nothing lost, broken or stolen - so far as we know. We're weary and worn, but we are all heady about the days to come. Some tourism tomorrow and then Monday morning, we'll see the kids.

As usual, I did not sleep at all on the plane and so I am saving the 14 hours of flight time for tomorrow's post (my roommate is already asleep!)

We send our love to all of our families. We're here, we're safe, we're exhausted and chomping at the bit to make an impact on the life of an orphan.

God is great!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David Lee!!
Glad to hear that you are all there safe and sound...if not sound asleep yet! And, what a praise that all the luggage got there in tack as well.
Zachary and I miss you, and we have "talked" about Daddy all day, and of course we've been praying for you.
All our love,
Anne & Zachary

David Watterson said...

Hey babe!!!!! I miss you - Byron does not sleep as quietly as you do!!!! We're doing well - so far, so perfect, except for the disco plane. I'll explain after coffee. Different hotel within the city. Very cool!
I love you so much! Thanks for your support and keeping checking the blog when you can. LOVE YOU!!!!!! Kiss Zachary for me, I'll try not to bring home a baby brother or sister for him!

Anonymous said...

Hello Team FBC! I am so happy to hear you made it well, even if made it is in a different place! I pray that He will Bless them through you and make this the best VBS they have ever had! I pray God Blesses you all beyond your ability to understand what He gives you and them! In Christ, Shane

Jill Willeke said...

David and team, glad you guys are on this side of the water! Praying that you have a safe trip and make lots of relationships with people in Russia.

Anonymous said...

day 3 and i hope all are resting for tomorrow. our prayers are on the way there for all!!

we love you

eugene and colleen