Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'll See You On The Beach

Today is the last day and I want to share today with you once it is done. It's the last day at the camps, and we are all expecting the predictable difficulties that will come with it. It's not an easy day, and it's not one that we would avoid either. 

For our team meeting, we met on the beach last night. The Gulf of Finland. Had a great time sharing and praying and looking to see what God was going to accomplish today. We also jumped in! COLD water! Very, very cold water. Some of the guys went swimming and I made it in up to my waist before the feelings in my feet left. Did I say that it was cold? But we watched the sunset and talked and then walked for an ice cream.

Please pray for us today. It's a busy day today and we wont head back to the city until 9am tomorrow. Then a long day of sightseeing, a farewell dinner with our translators and then a 3am wake-up to head to the airport. Know that you are all loved, that we are all well, and that we covet your prayers. We're heading off in an hour or so to experience a day that will mark this trip. It'll be a day that changes us at a spiritually genetic level and one that leaves us with memories that we'll carry forever. As we walk out the hotel doors with the last bags and the last supplies and for the older kids, the last goodbyes I remember a line from a movie I love.

I'll see you on the beach.


2 comments:

Valley Girl said...

As I am writing this, your day with the children is almost done. I pray for your hearts today and the pain they will experience. I know God is saying to you all, "Well done my faithful ones." You have been faithful to God's call and His plan for you and these children. Sending love to you all.

Tad - The kids and I love you and we have been praying for you. The phone call yesterday was such a wonderful surprise. Cordell thanked God for it last night. Tell Rachel that I said a big "Thanks" for her kindness. It was truly a blessing that is immeasurable. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone!! I hope you have all had a life changing experience in Russia as i had when i went.I know leaving the precious kids is heart wrenching but you have to know that you have planted a seed of faith only to grow when you leave. And remember to trust God as you leave and that he will continue to take care of his children. Each one of you was called to go on this trip and i know each of you has touched a certain child's heart. You have all given them smiles, piggy back rides, held their hands, helped them with their crafts, play hide and seek, but most importantly you have loved them. You have showed Gods love through your hugs and smiles :)I have been praying for everyone throughout the week. I hope you have a feeling of accomplishment as you leave, knowing you have made a difference. I love you all!!

Jordan Batson :) (Get home safe!)