Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day of Days

Yes, I know I am borrowing from Band Of Brothers, but the title still fits, as does the mood of adventure, service, and love. Tomorrow, 18 of us leave for St. Petersburg, Russia. One of our team members left early in order to visit a friend, but the rest of us begin our adventure tomorrow. Or did we begin it back when we first confessed Jesus as Christ? Either way, tomorrow is a big day. 14 hours of flying time, 24 hours of travel time. 3 different planes, lots of bags and lots of supplies. We'll stay in three different hotels while we are there and we'll work with over 100 orphans from 3 years old to 19 years old. We'll color, we'll play, we'll laugh, we'll cry, and we'll be blessed for it.

Please keep us in your prayers and check this blog daily for updates! God is good!

Here we go!

David

3 comments:

Kip/Aaron G said...

We love you guys, wish we were joining you. We will be reading your blog everyday and will be praying!

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo!! Very glad its here, and excited for y'all. I'll be praying. Have a great time!
--Laura Seals

Anonymous said...

It was so hard seeing you all off this morning and not going. But God is Good and we will be there beside you next year to reunite with the children that left such a big impact in our hearts last year. Tell Elaine, I having been praying for her since I left the airport this morning, I know how scared she was of the long trip. My love to all and I can't wait to see some familiar faces on the blog. You all are in our prayers!
Annette Butler